Sunday, August 15, 2010

How can I stop this process from repeatedly coming up?

I downloaded something a while ago and i dont remember what now, but when i go to windows task manager, It shows that internet explorer is running and taking up lots of memory, but its not running in the little blue tray at the bottom of the computer. I can end the process a while later it will just come back up again! plz help me, I have run scans with windows defender and norton antivirus but they havent found anything.



How can I stop this process from repeatedly coming up?virus scanner



click on start then click run in the little box that comes up type msconfig when that window pops up go to startup tab and uncheck anything that you don't want running in the back ground.



How can I stop this process from repeatedly coming up?anti virus software



When the process is running check you Task Manager to see what is using up your resources.



When in the task manager end process on one task at a time, if it restarts and is not a regular windows service then chances are that's your problem app. I've found it easier to sort by name before end a process so thta I can easily identify it if it restarts.



If you are unable to tell but have narrowed it down to something tied to IE, the uninstall and applications that you are unsure about and reinstall IE.
If you are unable to find any kind of trojan virus that I would suggest that you remove IE7 if that is the version that you have in your pc. An it will roll back auto. to IE6. If you don't have IE7 and IE6 just to to add/remove and after reinstall the program.

No comments:

Post a Comment