Friday, August 20, 2010

Windows Live OneCare about to run out- renew or use a diff. antivirus?

I have Windows Vista Business and I have used Windows Live OneCare for a year. It has worked fine, but now the subscription is running out. It will cost me $50 for another year, or should I use a totally different Antivirus, antispyware, and antimalware program? Are there cheaper alternatives that work better/faster/easier/use less resources? I have heard there are some free ones, but I am not sure about how quickly they update their databases, how well they work, and I don't trust trialware. Do any of you know of something that is not total nagware, works in the background with minimal system resources, has a better database that is updated faster, protects against all forms of malware (viruses, spyware, all of that), and is preferably cheaper, but better is what I'm looking for?



Please help. I download a lot so I really need something good that will protect me and my computer.



Windows Live OneCare about to run out- renew or use a diff. antivirus?internet



Another free excellent program from Avira Germany free for home personal use.



If you want free antivirus, here is an excellent free



http://www.free-av.com/



Avast, free home for personal use: http://www.avast.com Avast will send you the free key good for one year then you must request a new key. Has an excellent background scanner that works in real time, plus on the hour auto. Updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment