Friday, August 20, 2010

What do I need to have adequate protection on my computer?

I currently have AVG antivirus and Spybot search and destroy antispyware. Am I protected enough to use internet banking?? If not what else do I need and where can I download it free? I have heard something about firewall? and root something?? I have windows ME.



What do I need to have adequate protection on my computer?antispam



No Security going will protect you while your using Windows ME, Windows ME has many problems that even Microsoft could not sort out.



I take my hat off to you, I have used windows ME myself, %26 all I can say is never again, upgrade your OS, then look at your Security, windows ME is well known for the blue screen of death %26 crashing.



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BSOD



What do I need to have adequate protection on my computer?avast



Those should be good, may be do an update of those programs as well.



Also check



http://www.mcafee.com/us/



They have some nice software
I would not go near entering any personal information on a windows ME machine. #1 support for many if not all ME products are discontinued by the respective manufacturers. So that means that any vulnerabilities that have been uncovered recently with said products are NOT fixed and can be used to exploit that weakness. #2 Most of todays security software are configured to work with XP or later.
that is good, you should also get spysweeper, if it will let you. they are the best.
Personally, I would not use a computer with an unsupported operating system for any kind of financial transactions. ME is no longer supported, updated or patched by Microsoft.



  • leave the hairdressers
  • i want to comfort her
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment