Friday, August 20, 2010

How do I actually uninstall PC Tools Antivirus?

I downloaded this program from download.com.



I tried installing it.



It installed up until the very last prompt, and when clicked ''finished'' it then gave an error message, and the box would not ''X'' out or anything.



I restarted the computer. There said there was a problem wit the program, and that I should try rebooting....so I did - again.



Same thing.



So I got annoyed and want to uninstall the program.



So I go to it's uninstall file, and it asks the typical ''Are you sure you want to completely remove PC Tools Antivirus and all of it's components?''



I click YES.



Then I get:



''Runtime error (at 178:571):



Internal error: Unknown constant



''e2390152-af9b-4982-982f-873e64632f6d''



---



What's the deal??



How do I actually uninstall PC Tools Antivirus?auto protect



Well, to me it sounds like you have a virus imbeded in your computer. On thing that you should seriously think about doing is to go to an office supply store and pick up an anti-virus software called '' spybot''. It will scan your computer and find as many viruses that you have in your computer. If that doesn't sound like a good idea, you can also get a program called ''CA Security''. It will also scan and find the viruses in your computer, only it finds the hardcore viruses, such as Trojin Horse viruses, or just Trojon viruses. This program will also find the smaller, but still effective viruses, that are in your computer.



These programs are to be put into the computer, but not installed. They are actually used to ''trick'' the computer into thinking that there is a computer game being put into the tower.



Good Luck!!!



How do I actually uninstall PC Tools Antivirus?downloads



It didn't install so it went stupid on you. Delete the files and use a registry cleaner.
go to My Computer %26gt; C: %26gt; then program files. Try deleting the PCtools folder from there if its there. If it isn't it's probably gone and it just says its there it has happened to me before.

No comments:

Post a Comment