Friday, August 20, 2010

How do I reactivate my standard PC firewall?

I seem to have successfully restored my system to one month ago. But since I've dumped Norton, I want to go online and get a new antivirus (Avast, yes?), and I don't want to do it without a firewall in place. How do I activate the one that came with my Compaq? And should I rely on that or download Comodo or another? Thanks to you all. Very helpful. M



How do I reactivate my standard PC firewall?downloads



if you have windows go to the security center in the control panel and you'll be able to activate it from there.



How do I reactivate my standard PC firewall?house call



Download either Zone Alarm or Comodo.



These firewalls will block both in coming and out going connections whereas the built-in firewalls only block those coming in.



I use Avast and it is pretty good, but it does use a lot of resources and keeps checking everything constantly, a bit like Nortons.. If you are not using Vista, you might consider Avir or AVG.



To add to your firewall protection you should also have anti-malware programs running, Adware, Spysweeper are two that come to mind.
Windows XP- go to: control panel, go to network conections, then along the left side of the window(make sure u have a conection highlighted) and find ''change windows firewall settings''. check the on button, hit ok and ur done the firewall should be on

No comments:

Post a Comment